Friday, February 18, 2011

I don't feel good...

Wednesday night I woke to Sunshine saying "Mommy I don't feel good.  I think I need some medicine."  I felt her forehead, it feel warm.  I let her crawl into bed with us and an hour later I was awake.  Who could sleep with a 38 pound furnace next to you.  She was radiating heat from every part of her; she had to have a fever.  Sure enough, 102.0.  In went the Tylenol and shortly after Daddy carried her little body off to her own bed.  I sat in bed with her with a cool washcloth on her forehead and she eventually fell back to sleep.


The next day she took Tylenol and Motrin and her temperature continued to fluctuate from 100.0 to 102.5.  Thursday night we gave her another dose and sent her to bed.  At 7:00 she climbs in bed with me again saying she doesn't feel good.  Her temperature reads 103.5.  Bean already had his well-visit check up for that day and we had already been told that yes we could bring Sunshine in to the office to see what was going on.

It wasn't strep, it doesn't appear to be the flu; the funky, scabby, rash thing that's under her nose, on her chin and next to her mouth is Impetigo.  Very itchy and very contagious.  It can spread to different parts of her body as well as to other people.  A prescription for Amoxicillin will take care of it and within 24 hours she should no longer be contagious

Bean is growing at leaps and bounds and we couldn't be happier with his progress.  He will be outgrowing his infant seat before we know it.  As it is, it's getting very heavy and uncomfortable to haul around.  I suppose I can't complain about my baby thriving, I just wish he'd stay my little baby forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment